A submitted manuscript is assigned to the Senior Editor of the appropriate subject section. The Senior Editor assigns it to an Associate Editor who manages and adjudicates its review. The Editors will return manuscripts that are judged to be outside the scope of the journal. Manuscripts can be returned without review for reasons that include:
- Grammar and style that is not of the quality expected in a published article;
- The topic or scope of the work is not within the scope of the journal;
- The presentation of the findings is not directed to the readership of the journal;
- The methods or approaches are judged to be flawed.
At least two Editorial Board members collaborate in determining whether a manuscript will be returned without review. Manuscripts returned without review may be resubmitted to G3 after suitable revision. Manuscripts sent for review are examined by one or more reviewers selected for their expertise in the subject matter of the article. Reviewers will remain anonymous (unless they choose to reveal themselves). The Associate Editor makes one of the following decisions on the manuscript:
- Accept pending minor revision
- Reconsider upon revision
The average time from submission until decision is expected to be 30 days or less.
G3 welcomes presubmission inquiries, which consist of an abstract of the manuscript and a cover letter, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to an Editorial Board member (with a CC to email@example.com).
Authors should state in the cover letter their reasons for excluding editors or reviewers.